If you are taking the September ACCA Remote exams remotely, then you will have received emails from the ACCA detailing the procedures and will by now have checked that your system complies with the technical specifications.
Here are some points to remember about ACCA Remote exams:
- DO remember that you cannot use a mobile hotspot. Preferably a wired internet connection, but wifi is OK.
- DO double check what is allowed to be on your desk on the exam day (apart from the computer, keyboard etc., one calculator and one clear glass or bottle of water with no labels)
- DO remember that you are not allowed to have paper on your desk for rough workings. There will be a scratch pad with the exam that you can use if needed.
- DO check on the ACCA website and DO attempt the practice exams on the ACCA website to be clear as to what the remote exam will look like.
- DO remember you are only allowed one toilet break of up to 5 minutes, so prepare yourself before the start of the exam
- DO NOT panic if any technical problems occur during the ACCA Remote exam or at the start of the exam. Any technical delay at the start of the exam will not lose you time for the exam itself. If the exam gets interrupted because of technical problems then the ACCA will do whatever possible to allow you to take the exam again during the two week exam period (obviously at no extra cost).