- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by anjali12.
May 27, 2022 at 10:31 pm #656667anjali12
- Topics: 1
- Replies: 0
On 1 January 2022, Poppy Ltd acquired 60% of the equity share capital of Sunflower Ltd for $9.6 million. Below are the summarised draft financial statements of Poppy Ltd and its subsidiary Sunflower Ltd.
Statements of profit or loss for the year ended 30th June 2022:
Poppy Ltd Sunflower Ltd
Revenue 85,000 42,000
Cost of sales (63,000) (32,00)
Gross profit 22,000 10,000
Distribution costs (2,000) (2,000)
Administrative expenses (6,000) (3,200)
Finance costs (300) (400)
Profit before tax 13,700 4,400
Tax (4,700) (1,400)
Profit after tax 9,000 3,000
Statements of financial position as at 30th June 2022:
Poppy Ltd Sunflower Ltd
Property, Plant and Equipment 31,000 12,600
Investment in Sunflower Ltd 9,600
Inventories 4,500 2,200
Trade receivables 8,000 3,100
Bank 3,500 1,300
Total Assets 56,600 19,200
EQUITY AND LIABILITIES
Capital and Reserves
Ordinary share capital of $1 each 10,000 4,000
Retained earnings 35,400 6,500
10% loan notes 3,000 4,000
Trade payables 8,200 4,700
Total equity and liabilities 56,600 19,200
[SEE NEXT PAGE]
The following information is relevant:
1. At the date of acquisition, the fair values of Sunflower’s assets were equal to their carrying values with the exception of an item of equipment, which had a fair value of $2 million in excess of its carrying value. It had a remaining useful life of five years at that date. Straight line depreciation is applied. Sunflower has not adjusted the carrying value of its equipment as a result of the fair value exercise.
2. Sales from Sunflower to Poppy in the post-acquisition period were $8 million. Sunflower made a mark up on cost of 40% on these sales. Poppy had sold $5.2 million (at cost to Poppy) of these goods by 30 June 2022.
3. Sunflower’s trade receivables at 30 June 2022 includes $600,000 due from Poppy which did not agree with Poppy’s corresponding trade payables. This was due to cash in transit of $200,000 from Poppy to Sunflower.
4. Poppy has a policy of accounting for any non-controlling interest at fair value. The fair value of the non-controlling interest at the acquisition date was $5.9 million.
5. Consolidated goodwill was not impaired at 30 June 2022.
6. Other than were indicated, the statement of profit or loss items are deemed to accrue evenly on a pro-rate basis.
a) Prepare the consolidated statement of profit or loss for the Poppy Group for the year ended 30 June 2022.
b) Prepare the consolidated statement of financial position for the Poppy Group for the year ended 30 June 2022.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.