- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Ellybrowneeee.
- July 19, 2020 at 10:11 am #577358Ellybrowneeee
I’ve read the Kaplan book cover to cover I’ve watched the opentuition lectures which are helpful but then I open the Kaplan practice questions and I’m getting 30%.
I want to sit my exam asap but need help understanding the content. I was wondering if anyone had any advice? I was considering buying more lectures or material does anyone have any recommendations?July 28, 2020 at 1:36 pm #578486imraan.miah
I done my P1 Exam at the weekend and thankfully passed it 1st time but it took a lot of work!
I likewise used the Kaplan study text, read mostly page to page but was still getting around the 50% mark 🙁
1. Actual exam was more theoretical (you’ll notice in other forums its similar feedback), I’d say around 70-30 theory to calc
2. Practise all the Kaplan assessments in study text – do you have online MyKaplan? If you do then do all their Mock exams
3. Practise the Open Tuition assessments for each chapter
4. Astranti Mock exam was super useful and included theoretical exam questions
5. Do the free CIMA Practise paper that you can access via CIMA
Practise Practise Practise is the key with this one and don’t get disheartened if you score low. Just keep at it and if you need to delay the exam until you’re ready, then delay it 🙂
Hope this helps 🙂August 4, 2020 at 8:52 pm #579267Ellybrowneeee
Thank you so much! It’s hard not to lose my mind because I’ve been studying it for so long (Just over 2 months.) I’ll definitely keep practicing questions over and over and over
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.