Comments

• Profile photo of MikeLittle says

Hmm, but an “OAP” in England is an Old Age Pensioner and the image of a pensioner having a spasm is possibly easier to envisage than a bar of soap under a slab of processed reconstituted meat from America!

1. Profile photo of crye says

Feels good to have a tutor who actually interacts with students and tries to find time to go around forums to answer their questions. Not to be an ingrate over the benevolence behind such an important, yet free site, but sometimes questions just go unanswered and as there is no (not sure) kind of feed/reminder/notifier, you never know the year your question gets answered or your worry cleared. This could be fixed, I believe. My only problem with Mike is he has so much experience/knowledge in this that he sometimes over-assumes and forgets to explain the basics or go slowly with calculations …or make connections with past/other topics to re-enlighten the student who is trying to put in so much stuff back-to-back, and often without much exam experience. If you listen to F6 lectures, you see that the tutor teaches as to babies, and I think that’s very effective. He starts with reviews of what has been covered, if possible, and tries to make summaries and resumes of the whole connection using a minute or two. Otherwise, with all the fun, tips and mnemonics etc, Mike’s an excellent (A+) teacher and for that, I can only say thanks!

• Profile photo of MikeLittle says

@crye, Wow – there’s an in depth analysis! In my defence, I have to say that tax is a one-off with no connecting paper neither before nor after it ( unless you choose P6 which no-one in my part of the World does )

In addition, I am constrained by time availability – just four and a half days to get through each paper. Not really got time for extended revision :-(

• Profile photo of crye says

@MikeLittle, Well understood, sir. I wish as many of us as possible could read this and learn that all these lectures didn’t take up to a week to give! Thank you so much for everything; we’d be paying fortunes for all this if we hadn’t O.T!

• Profile photo of MikeLittle says

@crye, I have no idea what a reply alert is but you are welcome to your opinions and feel free to make whatever comments you want. I will take on board what you said about quick revision but, frankly, I thought I already did that. Certainly I do for topics like consolidations and for paper P7 we have to revise the ACCOUNTING standards

• Profile photo of crye says

@MikeLittle, Sir, by ‘reply alert’, I just meant the feature which makes it possible for users to get notified by email when their comments/posts on OT get responses/replies. For example, it was from my inbox I knew someone (you) had replied in this thread.
        Elsewhere, I’m really grateful and humbled you gave my worry a thought. May God bless uplift you!

Hello Mike. Loving your lectures on F7, P2 and now P1. What a fantastic contribution you are making to the world. Are you compensating for all those misdeeds in the past ? ;) It is certainly more interesting with your colourful examples! :)

Mr Mike is a great lecturer. He really explains the topics and uses a lot of examples for further clarification. If I forget the answer, i quickly remember the example,then start making points from the example and I then built on the points. I usually get the answer right. Thanks Mr Mike.