|View all free ACCA F7 lectures >>||This lecture is based on OpenTuition F7 course notes|
F7 Group Accounts: Comprehensive Example
Agne acquired 72% of the equity shares of Dace on 30 June 2009 for $250,000.
On 31 August 2009, the Statements of Financial Position were:
1. At the date of acquisition, some of Dace’s inventory had a fair value $16,000 in excess of its carrying value. All had been sold before the year end.
2. On 31 July 2009, Dace had sold an item of property, plant and equipment to Agne realising a profit on sale of $20,000. Agne was depreciating this item over its remaining useful life of 4 years. It is group policy to charge a full year’s depreciation in the year of purchase, and none in the year of sale.
3. On 29 August, Agne had despatched goods to Dace at a transfer value of $26,000. Agne sells goods at a mark up of 30%. Dace had sold a quarter of these goods by the Statement of Financial Position date.
4. The current accounts did not reconcile at the year end because Dace had sent a payment of $5,000 to Agne, but Agne only received it on 3 September 2009. Before any necessary adjustment, the intra group balance in Dace’s records showed an amount owing to Agne of $12,000.
5. Goodwill is impaired by 25%.
6. Both entities have declared but not yet accounted for a dividend of 5c per $1 share.
7. The directors valued the nci at $87,667 at date of acquisition
Prepare a Consolidated Statement of Financial Position for the Agne Group as at 31 August 2009.