Comments

1. Avatar of johnmoffat says

It is relevant costing, which is part of Chapter 9 of the Course Notes.

Please realise that the Course Notes are not meant to be Study Texts – they are notes used with the lectures.
    The Course notes together with the lectures (and the Revision Lectures) cover more than enough to pass the exam well, provided that you also practice lots of past questions (preferably using an Exam/Revision Kit from one of the approved publishers).

2. avatar says

In your lecture note shows optimal pricing – tabular approach but in BPP textbook the approach is not mentioned, can you tell me why we must know that? Is that this shows in past exam question? Can you tell me which year this approach uses?

The reason you should know it is that both the tabular and the algebraic methods are specifically included in the Paper F5 syllabus!!

If the BPP Study Text does not include it then I am surprised – the Kaplan Study Text certainly includes it.

The tabular method if certainly much less likely for the exam than the algebraic method, but (as I say in my free lecture) it is important not only because it is in the syllabus, but also because understanding it explains the logic behind the algebraic method and you could be asked to explain. 50% of the exam is writing and proving that you understand the techniques involved.

No problem (although this part of the syllabus has not changed for many years, so it should be in the Study Text somewhere).

One more question sir,

Where is “Pricing/Decisions to increase production and sales”- ( item B4(e) in F5 Study guide Syllabus: Evaluate a decision to increase production and sales levels, considering incremental costs, incremental revenues and other factors) showing up in your Lecture Note? I cant find where it is.

Im sorry if my question is silly but I just want to be guaranteed that your lecture note fully cover every knowledge in F5.

Thank you.

Leave a Reply