Comments

1. avatar says

hello sir, fantastic lecture!
    with reference to the case Lampleigh and Bralthwalth (if I m not spelling it wrong) is the contract enforceable
    since in the previous lecture u told us offer must be certain but in this case the offer to compensate is uncertain without any amount

• Profile photo of MikeLittle says

Hi Rich

In Lampleigh v Braithwait, the judge interpreted the oral agreement as including a presumption that the survivor would pay “a reasonable amount” and then the judge decided on how much was reasonable. Whether that would be found the same nowadays (mind you, how many people nowadays face hanging – or worse still, being sent to Australia?) remains to be seen. Don’t forget that the Lampleigh case was a few hundred years ago!

2. avatar says

Sir, Under the privity of contract, assuming a i have company and i employed a debt recovery consultant to act on my behave on all long outstanding debts from my customers. Can this agency sue my debtors on my behave which is against the privity of contract as stated in the lecture???

3. Profile photo of nzeadall says

With reference to case Chappel V Neslte, we understand that Nesle won the case because it was able to proove that the Wrappers were of some value (specially in the increasing of chocolate sales), however did they have to pay the 6.25% to Chappel as stipulated in section 8 of the copyright act? thank you

4. Profile photo of opsy4ril says

Every time I listen to f4 paper lectures, It reminds me of peter- the lecturer. you’re a genuine blessing for all f4-student. He makes me fall in love with the subject even more.

Leave a Reply