Comments

1. Profile photo of MikeLittle says

Hi Sheha

If it were my personal choice for me, I would go for English Law. The problem for non-natural English speakers is the complexity of the World of contract law. Itself is “tricky” but “tricky in a foreign language” and often mixed in with apparently “perverse” decisions makes it a difficult paper.

However, with the introduction of mcqs we could find that it’s less of a trial.

I believe that the key to success will now be constant and endless practice of mcqs.

Because of a technical problem with my tablet, I have not yet been able to supply Admin with any mcqs of my own making.

However, it will be necessary anyway for you to obtain a revisiion kit from a repuatable publisher as soon as possible.

Then, get stuck into those questions.

A word of advice – do NOT write in the revision kit – don’t mark it with your answers.

If you do, you will not be able to go back again and again to attempt the questions.

In addition, of course, when you have passed paper F4, you will then be able to sell the revision kit to a new entrant to the wonderful world of ACCA F4 law. This opportunity will be lost to you if you mark the answers in the book

2. avatar says

Hi Mike! I still have not decide which variant for my F4 paper. Is it wise if I just choose the English or Global variant just to get through the paper using the lectures here? If I register for classes (which of course I ll need to pay for), I should be sitting for Singapore variant. Do you have any advice?

3. Profile photo of shahz20 says

I passed F4 with the help of these video lectures in just a month and half. Literally, when i was sitting the exam, i had forgotten most names for the cases and if I had read the new syllabus could have attempted the last question too, but still I was shocked when i saw my results. Mike’s lectures are awesome, the best perhaps on this website, very entertaining.

4. Profile photo of Geraldine says

I did not enrol for a taught course, rather I enrolled for Standard revision course. I am depending on open tuitions’ lecture videos and all I can say is, it is really helpful.. Although some of the areas on the notes aren’t been covered.. I just google and read through it. Fingers crossed for all of us on June if there’s anyone here who’ll take the exam as well. :)

5. Profile photo of mir123 says

hi admen me give the last year 2013 december ,f 4 paper exam,,but examiner give the very low marks,me very upset what the my wrong please how to got 50% marks possible and easy pass,give the some information and evrey day how many hours study my paper f4 (eng,)my this time is third time exam, me to much upset please help me,,,sir,

These guys at opentution must be so sick of this question – its like every tenth question is how can i download these lecture videos!

you cant – the notes are but the videos arnt. Admin and johnmoffat and mikelittle all keep saying that its the only way they can keep the site free – by not having the videos downloadabler

More important than a study text is a revision kit!

You can pass this paper without a study text but you would really struggle to pass withput a revision kit

Listen to the videos / audios, read the course notes multiple times and read the questions and answers in the revision kit.

Mike’s advice is to read those questions and answers until you are sick of them. Thats what I did – got through them 3 (maybe 4) times and cruised through the exam

Thanks for you advise guys, I really appreciate it. I know I need both the text and the kit, but I just wanted to get started reading the text. I am in Jamaica, I’m just trying to source a second hand book. Are any of you guys close by?

• Profile photo of MikeLittle says

Hi, I wuldnt even bother with a study text. I see Mikes advice also says that you can pass without a text. And gingergirl seems to have done it woithout. Thats what Im aiming to do

Leave a Reply