Which is the best combination of ACCA Papers?

Many students have problems choosing which combination of ACCA exams to sit. We have conducted a survey, and over a 1,000 students participated.

Here are the results:

2 ACCA Papers – the best combination

2 ACCA papers best combination

2 ACCA papers

3 ACCA Papers – the best combination

3 ACCA Papers best combination

Comments

1. avatarkenny says

@MIKELITTLE- could you please help me. i wish to write F4 and F5 by june. My question is
    1. Can i pass these papers studying open tuition lectures without attending lectures
    2. Where and how can i download the exam kit and kaplan textbook. i cant seem to find any link.
    3. Which other materials would i need to study with apart from the ones listed above.

Please your response would be very much appreciated cos i need to make a quick decision.
    Thanks G

• Profile photo of MikeLittle says

In future, please address your questions to tutors on the ask the tutor pages – we can’t always guarantee to read comments below the videos no in general forum

1) yes, others have, so clearly it’s a possibility

2) you can’t – and obtaining (or trying to obtain) pirated copies is totally contrary to opentuition ethics and, to be honest, it’s hardly the activity that an aspiring professional accountant should even be considering! Getting down to basics, it’s a breach of copyright and therefore criminal.

Your only choice of getting hold of exam kits / revision kits is to buy new or to buy second hand. For F4 (and F5 now I think about it) wait until the results come out onFebruary 8 and then post on this site – there will be a lot of students that will have successfully passed those exams and who would be willing to sell the F4 material in particular

3) course notes, videos, recorded lectures and LOADS of question practice from either exam kits or from the past exams that you can find from this website.

Hope that helps

Thank you Mike for the informative feedback.
    My second dilemma is, how do I study for my P1,P2.
    Is there a syllabus, study guide or something that shows me which topics to cover and ll.
    I just have a list of recommended books to buy and cant obviously read cover to cover.

• Profile photo of MikeLittle says

Which informative feedback?

Look on this website to find the details of the syllabus. I suggest that you look at the past exams from December 2007 inclusive – they give you a very good idea of the type of questions that the examiners ask and the difficulty of the papers

P1 study? Read all about the various major topics – governance, risk and ethics – as much as you can and as many times as you can. Over and over again – read and reread all the past exam questions and answers

For P2 you’ll need to get totally on top of consolidations so revision of the basics from F7 will do you no harm. But 65% of the P2 exam is written rather than numerate so a lot of reading of those past exam questions again is called for.

And of course keep posting with any queries you may come across

3. Profile photo of lwitiko says

Dear Sir
    I was wondering if it is ever possible to sit three professional papers P1, P2 & P3 at one sitting and pass with good marks, say in June 2015. Currently I am studying P2 & P3 however I might soon finish studying these two but at the back of mind I am saying to myself “Why not go for P1 as well?”

From the previous experience, do we have on record students who had passed P1, P2 & P3 at one sitting?

From Open Tuition Spotlight, students who have really done well recommend for two Professional only!

Any response will be highly appreciated!

• Profile photo of MikeLittle says

Of course three at one sitting is doable and has been done. I have taught students that have been exempt from three and passed the other eleven in June, December, June – a total of 13 months.

It’s tough, but if you’re nearly through P2 and P3 the, sure, give it a go!

And post here if you come across any problems

• Profile photo of lwitiko says

Thank you very much for the prompt response. I am quite happy with P3 progress but for P2, I had to go back to F7 OT lectures and practiced all the examples twice up to chapter 9 for the comprehensive example 1 on consolidation. This comprehensive example 1 on chapter 9 i have had to do it three times before i got it right and now my head is spinning with exhaustion!! I have spent almost two weeks on this revision as I was weak on consolidation.

Once again thank you for the lectures in F7 which have opened up me on technicalities of consolidation!! This made me wonder how lucky i was to pass F7!!