Forums › Ask ACCA Tutor Forums › Ask the Tutor ACCA FR Exams › IFRs 10
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by P2-D2.
- May 10, 2022 at 3:26 pm #655338nthoanaMember
- Topics: 1
- Replies: 0
Wonder Co. acquired 70% of the equity share capital of Binder Ltd on the 1st of October 2020. The purchase price for the acquired shares was P45, 000. In addition, the companies agreed that on the 31st of December 2020 Wonder Co. will pay shareholders of Binder Ltd P1.80 for every for share that was acquired. The cost of capital for Binder Ltd is 20% and the company has not yet recovered the consideration in their books.
Statements of Profit or Loss for the year ended 30th June 2021
Wonder Co. Binder Ltd
Revenue. 93,300. 46,340
Cost of Sales. (75,230) (32,700)
Gross Profit. 18,070. 13,640
Distribution Exp. (1,200) (940)
Admin. Expenses(4,050) (1,220)
Investmnt Income 800 _
Operating Profit 13,620 11,480
Finance Costs (590) (320)
Profit before tax 13,030 11,160
Tax Expense. (3,400) (2,200)
Profit for the year 9,630 8,960
Equity as at 1st July 2020
Wonder Co. Binder Ltd
Equity Shrs@P1 each 40,000 25,000
Retained E. 84,000. 56,000
– At the date of acquisition, the stock market price for the shares in Wonder Co. and Binder Ltd were P9.40 and P4.50 respectively.
– Binder Ltd.’s policy values non-controlling interest at fair value at the date of acquisition. As a result, at acquisition date, their share price can be viewed as represented by the fair value of the shares held by the non-controlling interest.
– At the date of acquisition, there was one asset whose carrying value was not the same as the fair value. This was a plant, whose fair value was determined to be P900, 000 more that it’s carrying amount. The plant had two (2) years remaining in its useful life. The company charged depreciation to administrative expenses.
– Since the acquisition, Binder Ltd had sold goods to Wonder Co. for a total of P1.2m. The mark-up Binder Ltd had on all its sales is 20% and by year end, half (1/2) of the goods were in inventory.
– Since the acquisition, an evaluation was done and it was determined that the goodwill of Binder LTD should be impaired by P5m as at 30th June 2021. The impairment should be charged to Cost of Sales.
– The investment income in Wonder Co.’s statements represents dividends that they had received from Binder Ltd during the year.
i. Calculate at the date of acquisition Binder Ltd.’s consolidated goodwill. (10 marks)
Prepare the consolidated profit or loss statement for the group for the year ended 30th June 2021.May 16, 2022 at 8:16 pm #655842P2-D2Keymaster
- Topics: 4
- Replies: 6493
Is there a question here that you want me to answer? All I can see is a full question that has been copied out from somewhere.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.