- October 31, 2019 at 1:11 pm
Thank you for your reply
1) May you please show me an example of how an interview is to be written in the in-text citation and reference list?
2) Am I supposed to mention the name of the company I am researching, in my report, as I was advised that when researching, I should maintain confidentiality and not give the name of the company?
3) I am doing topic 14. Should I focus only on the impact of the investment on the organisation and stakeholders, or should I talk about how the investment should be done for a greater good of the world and how it affects the people?
4) Should the reasons for choosing the topic and organisation, be my personal reasons or because “no one has researched it and I should contribute to the business and economy by doing so”?
5) In my introduction, should I introduce information about the organisation, or should I generalize it and talk about how companies in other countries are investing as well, and then talk about my organisation?
6) When I talk about my sources of information, should i talk about its benefits, limitations and how I overcame my limitations?October 31, 2019 at 1:33 pm
is it possible to reference too much?
like if I’m talking about the specification of a company’s product (bike has a 70cc engine), if i link to it’s product page on the website (that states the specification), will that be too much?
What if i don;t mention it? Is it necessary to reference every single fact? What if I hyperlink to the fact instead?November 1, 2019 at 10:41 am
GillianM – OBU Registered MentorModerator
1. As you should have an outline of the interview questions and answers you need to support your statements with these. An example might be “The Prodction Manager confirmed that …. ” (See Appendix 3 p.2) . These appendices would form a file to be submitted with your report.
2. If you want or need to have company anonymity then you have to det permission from Brookes to do so. You should do this sooner rather than later by emailing them the details but the company name and nature needs to be stated in this email together with your letter of authority to use their data on the official letterhead.
3. Normally the focus would be on how the investment meets the company’s strategic objectives (which I would expect to be one of your research questions) Benefiting mankind might be something you mention very briefly in your conclusion
4. Either or both -you are the only one knows why you chose it!
5. The reader needs some brief information about the company to understand the report usually and to give the study an appropriate context
6. You need to discuss limitations in Part 2 and their potential impact on the findingsNovember 7, 2019 at 7:39 pm
Thank you so much
I had personal communications and when I googled on how to reference it, it said the following:
Elements to include
Name of interviewee (including initials); Full details of the date (day, month and year), and type of communication
(Ayrs, R. N. 2011, personal communication, 2 March)
On 2 March 2011, in a personal interview Ms R. N. Ayers confirmed ….
And for the reference list:
NOTE: Personal communications are not included in the list of references at the end.
Is it correct to follow this method? Please advice
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.