- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Kim Smith.
- The topic ‘Two basic questions need your advice! Thanks!’ is closed to new replies.
20% off BPP Books for ACCA & CIMA exams - Get BPP Discount Code >>
Hi, May I seek your advice on this? 1, I have registered September 2022 AAA exam International version. But my current study text book contains both UK syllabus and International syllabus. May I check if I can ignore UK syllabus part? 2, When answering questions, Can I list out my answers in bullet point format?
Thank you and grateful for your reply.
Welcome to my forum!
1 – YES – most definitely IGNORE UK part (similarly, if you were using our notes https://opentuition.com/acca/aaa you would ignore Chapter 32)
2 – If what you are thinking of is “note form” – then NO. If what you are thinking of is standalone points of audit evidence of substantive procedures each preceded with a bullet point – then YES. See for example Q1(c) answer – these “dashes” are effectively bullet points and acceptable – see also in parts of (d) and at the beginning of 2(a) where there are dashes following on from a “stem”.
So this is acceptable – because it is complete and makes sense:
“The fundamental requirements are that a firm must consider:
– Whether the relevant ethical requirements can be complied with;
– The integrity of the client, and whether there is information which would lead it to conclude that the client lacks integrity; and
– Whether the firm has the appropriate competence and resources.”
This is NOT acceptable – because it is not complete and requires the reader to guess what point(s) the candidate is trying to make:
“The fundamental requirements are:
– relevant ethical requirements;
– client’s integrity; and
– competence and resources.”
Thank you for your advice and guidance! This is really very helpful!
You are welcome!