- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by John Moffat.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Specially for OpenTuition students: 20% off BPP Books for ACCA & CIMA exams – Get your BPP Discount Code >>
Hello sir ,i want to make my points clear about money market hedging, because while doing questions it gets messy and i end up with a wrong answer (i have watched your lectures on this , while receiving its fine but just confused about the borrowing and depositing rates and while paying should i always work backwards?
1) When we are borrowing lets say US dollars so use the borrowing rate of US and when we are lets say depositing pounds we use the UK depositing,is that correct or we use the borrowing and depositing rate in the country we(company) are in?
2) And in the case of paying money ,do we always have to work backwards ?
1. Yes – you use the rates for whatever currency you are borrowing or depositing in (not what country you are in).
2. Yes you do 🙂
Thank you so much
You are welcome 🙂