- November 15, 2022 at 8:12 pm #671534
Why is this the answer please?
Which type of company meeting requires 21 days’ notice to be given unless the members consent to a shorter period?
1. none of options require 21 days
2. an ‘other’ general meeting where special resolution is
3. a class meeting
4. annual general meeting of a private company.
4 is the answer. I would understand if it said AGM for a public company but private company’s aren’t required to have an AGM?
ChloeNovember 15, 2022 at 9:07 pm #671536
But, if a private company CHOOSES to have an AGM, then that meeting would require 21 days’ notice … unless the members agreed to a shorter notice period
OK?November 19, 2022 at 1:23 pm #671860
Yeah okay, I understand. So, I have another question where I think the same thing follows and it’s the wording of the question.
The duties of a company secretary for a private company are prescribed by whom?
1. not applicable as private companies don’t require one (this is what I had selected)
2. Company law
3. The company’s constitution
4. The board of directors (this is the answer)
It’s because a private company can CHOOSE to have a secretary so then would be the board of directors?November 19, 2022 at 7:05 pm #671886
You’ve cracked it! Well doneNovember 20, 2022 at 2:46 pm #671934
Thank you!November 20, 2022 at 3:50 pm #671943
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.