- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Stephen Widberg.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
ACCA Webinars: How to earn marks in Strategic Professional Exams. Learn more >>
20% off BPP Books for ACCA & CIMA exams - Get BPP Discount Code >>
I have some queries re the above topic:
1. Are 12 month ECL recorded against the carrying amount of the asset on initial recognition?
2. For assets held at FVOCI – how are credit losses recorded? I presume they do not impact the carrying amount?
1. Set up a separate allowance account and net it off the asset account in the financial statements.
2. Just one account – the asset. The FV will take into account the credit losses. If the fall in FV is because of credit losses, the Dr is P&L not OCI.
One question per post please. 🙂