- December 3, 2021 at 1:04 pm #642394gayathree1234Member
- Topics: 40
- Replies: 1
When classifying an asset as Held for sale, should the asset meet all the conditions in IFRS 5 or one of the condition should be met?
Thank you 🙂December 3, 2021 at 1:35 pm #642400Kim SmithKeymaster
- Topics: 100
- Replies: 6789
Short answer – ALL.
6 An entity shall classify a non-current asset (or disposal group) as held for
sale if its carrying amount will be recovered principally through a sale
transaction rather than through continuing use.
7 For this to be the case, the asset (or disposal group) must be:
– available for immediate sale in its present condition subject only to terms that are usual and
customary for sales of such assets (or disposal groups)
– its sale must be highly probable.
8 For the sale to be highly probable:
– the appropriate level of management must be committed to a plan to sell the asset (or disposal group)
– an active programme to locate a buyer and complete the plan must have been initiated.
FURTHER, the asset (or disposal group) must be actively marketed for sale at a
price that is reasonable in relation to its current fair value.
IN ADDITION, the sale should be expected to qualify for recognition as a completed sale within one year from the date of classification …
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.