- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Congratulations to Jamil from Pakistan and Jeeva from Malaysia - Global Prize winners!
see all ACCA December 2022 Genius Hunt Competition winners >>
Specially for OpenTuition students: 20% off BPP Books for ACCA & CIMA exams – Get your BPP Discount Code >>
I’m just about to take the first course exam in ATX and I was looking for a little help in how to submit my answers. The majority of questions has a client who asks for advice on an area of tax and there is usually a calculation as well.
I am unsure on the best layout for the CBE exam, so do I use:
1) Solely the spreadsheet? That is all the writing and calcs in a logical order on the spreadsheet.
2) Both spreadsheet and word processor? Write the written component on the word processor and state the supporting calculation can be found on the spreadsheet and reference with a working?
3) Use just the word processor, copy and paste any tax calcs / workings into the body of the report/briefing notes underneath the written element?
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Just to have closure on this, the tutor on the ATX revision course has stated:
Calculations should be done on the spreadsheet.
Explanations should be done on the word processor.