- July 22, 2020 at 10:45 am #577631opentuition_teamKeymaster
Many students who fail the AAA exam are puzzled why they failed when they felt that they had written good enough answers. Maybe marks were lost due to lack of knowledge or misunderstanding what the question was asking for. Obviously the ACCA does not provide that information for individual candidates.
We are unable to provide a marking service, but what we want to do is produce a lecture showing how exam answers are marked, using actual students’ answers and explaining where marks would be gained and where (and why) marks would not be awarded.
To be able to do this we invite you to attempt a past exam question of our choosing and submit it to us to be used in a marking exercise. We will then prepare a lecture in which our tutor will mark a compilation of the answers submitted to demonstrate how the real exams are marked. We hope this will be useful for everyone preparing for the AAA exam; it will help you appreciate the points that will attract marks so that you can better assess your answers when practicing questions and fulfil your potential to pass.
Before deciding whether or not to take part in this exercise, please read the following carefully:
- Although answer points from submissions will be displayed on screen, no student will be mentioned by name.
- For the exercise to be of value it is important that you attempt the question under exam conditions, without referring to books or notes or the published answer, and in the 45 minutes time allowed.
- Your answer must be typed and submitted to us in Word format.
- This is not a marking service and each individual answer will not be marked. Your answer (or part of your answer) may or may not be selected for marking in the lecture.
- To participate in this exercise you must submit your answer by Sunday 16th August.
- The lecture is planned to be available on Friday 21st August.
If the feedback on the lecture is positive, we intend to repeat the exercise for the other Strategic Professional exams from the December 2020 exam session.
You can download the question below:AAA Question for Marking Exercise
and you should email your answer to email@example.com
If you have any questions about the above then please do post them below.
- August 10, 2020 at 2:11 pm #579822moilwaaccamosParticipant
- August 10, 2020 at 3:50 pm #579849jentrixParticipant
- August 10, 2020 at 4:19 pm #579856Mint22Participant
Looking forward to this lecture! Very useful, thank you. Hope the team picks up an answer with enough mistakes. Sometimes one can learn more by looking at what we do wrong than right. Or even better compare it with an ideal answer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.