- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Ken Garrett.
- June 3, 2020 at 12:53 pm #572657dania.faizan
- Topics: 3
- Replies: 0
I am planning on giving the SBL exam in september 2020 without any coaching classes minus the open tuition website. This is going to be my first ACCA paper. Can you please assist me as to how to go about it like in a step wise manner. Would be of great help.
Also i have heard that ACCA is planning on taking online exams from september onwards, can you please let me know if that is true.
ThankyouJune 3, 2020 at 6:01 pm #572807Ken GarrettKeymaster
- Topics: 9
- Replies: 8951
The most important part of study for SBL is question practice, so you really should buy a revision kit/question bank from BPP or Kaplan (20% discount for BPP books if you buy through this site). I don’t think full textbooks are needed, but a revision kit is very strongly recommended.
(1) Listen to our lectures and read our notes. They follow each other closely, but use both.
(2) Look at the example case studies that are on-line on our site. For the first couple, look at both questions and answers to see the approach, Then try a couple yourself.
(3) Read the ACCA’s technical articles and look at the examining team’s videos etc.
(4) Try our flash cards
(5) Nearer the exam, focus on question practice, only going back to the notes if you need to refresh your knowledge. Note that this is very much an exam that expects you to apply your knowledge rather than regurgitate it. If you begin to explain a theory you are probably on the wrong track.
As regards examination methods, SBL will not be an on-demand exam. Session on-line exams will be available (ie you go to an exam centre and do your exams on-line at the same time as other candidates) but that depends on your location.
Note that Covid-19 might still interfere with the availability of September exams, but they are still dealing with the implications of the virus for June exams
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.