- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Specially for OpenTuition students: 20% off BPP Books for ACCA & CIMA exams – Get your BPP Discount Code >>
I am confused with the answer for Practice Question 19 because of the following:
1. For the bonus – is it because the question did not use the word entitled we used date paid?
2. The question said use official rate of 3% but the answer used 2.5%
3. The answer used personal Allowance used as 11,000 not 11,500
4. Basic rate band as 32,000 and not 33,500
Looks like I was having a really bad day when I was updating questions and answers to Q.19 and Q.20 – see query from previous ask the tutor question!!
Your points 2 to 4 above are simply the figures for the 2016/17 tax year that have not been updated to 2017/18 figures – my apologies and thanks for pointing this out to me!
Point 1 – yes – if the question does not specifically refer to the date when the employee became entitled to the bonus you will take that as being the date when it was paid