- September 24, 2020 at 3:43 pm #586562kyuhlaingMember
- Topics: 1
- Replies: 0
Question 2 A dispute based on which of the following areas is OUTSIDE the scope of the UN
Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration? (1 mark)
1. The international supply of commercial services
2. The international supply of consumer goods to a consumer
3. The international carriage of passengers by air, sea, road or rail
As with question1, answering this requires not just some, but precise, knowledge. Indeed the
question introduces resonances from other aspects of the syllabus, i.e. the UN Convention on
Contracts for the International Sale of Goods that might confuse candidates who only have
superficial knowledge of the syllabus material. The correct answer is option 2.September 24, 2020 at 9:24 pm #586583VijayMember
- Topics: 0
- Replies: 258
Option 2 is correct. If you look at the study text you will see that the Model Law gives examples of “Commercial Arbitration” including the following:
– Commercial goods and services
– Carriage of goods and passengers by air, sea, road, rail
The Model Law does not provide “Consumer Goods” as an example of “Commercial”.
My advise would be to look at the list in the study text and to memorise that list.
I hope that helps clarify.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.