Forums › ACCA Forums › ACCA APM Advanced Performance Management Forums › P5 Exam Approach – ACCA Multinational Business Company
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by mahapk.
- March 12, 2016 at 9:16 am #305985mahapkMember
- Topics: 1
- Replies: 0
1. Exam should be equally and fairly tough in each 14 papers. We (my friends, Teachers, seniors and juniors) are of the opinion that ACCA is soft in beginning or even at professional level BUT then start ruining student life for over 2 years at optional papers specially P5. Hence, it is leaving negative impression for new comers.
2. I have seen comments of students’ study group where students were using social and other media to discourage fresh enrollment from the University/college due to the ACCA attitude towards P5.
3.My concern is that we are with ACCA for knowledge, so does this examiner want to tell us that the those failing for the past 2 – 3 year in one paper achieving 49, 47 45, 40, 43… continuously still don’t know anything and have no skills?
4. My wife is Engineer; I gave her P5 December Q & A paper. She just read questions of all papers and then started writing from answer for all questions. Surprisingly, she did not finish writing all answers within 3 hours. She asked me why this examiner designs long scenarios, tricky, ambiguous would and unclear questions, expects students give practical solutions, advice and sensible recommendations within 3 hours.
5. I have past 13 papers years ago and appeared 7th time in P5 in March 2016. If I am so duffer and incompetent to pass P5 paper in spite of series of attempts then HOW have I passed 13 papers easily? Students chose optional paper which they like to study. My moral is too low by thinking why i m failing this paper which i like and which is as per my taste and interest.
6. Only one paper is giving me brand of “unqualified professional” since number of years. I worked with BIG 4 Audit Firm for 6.4 years and with industry over 5 years. I am repenting why I chose British qualifications. US Certification (CPA, CMA, CIA) are easier to qualify (due to balanced approach of examiner, student friendly attitude) and well-recognized in Gulf countries like Kuwait. Still I have not used and obtained any benefit of ACCA in my professional career. How can i suggest ACCA to my loved one (friends, youngster etc.) i feel as it has ruined my life sorry to say…Even if I passed p5 this time, it will not add value to my profession coz I have now 11 years of experience. I have not felt the taste of qualified professional accountant?.
7. I know that P5 require a particular skill set at P5 level…but we should be given fair time span reading a real life scenario, thinking and then giving valuable solutions in 3 hours ….its not fair.
8. These scenarios talk even longer in case of students whose first language isn’t English. ACCA has been banned in India and many other countries will soon be doing the same. Many famous colleges in Lahore (my city) and in Kuwait (where I live) are motivating students to go for US certifications instead of ACCA since past couple of years. Because, students want to get professional certification in due time in order to step-in professional world in time.
9. One of my friends who passed P6 in one attempt advised me to change to paper and take P6. P6 is easy to pass because ACCA wants to promote its UK Tax system etc. But I don’t believe.
10. Last but not least, I would say uneven exam approach and ACCA papers are not equally tough. In beginning ACCA is soft just to increase the enrollment for more revenue.
11. ACCA Body has disgraced us in society and in front of friends, family and our bosses, as if we don’t know anything and we are not able to pass.
12. ACCA Body is a Multinational company. Earning huge profits…not annually.. Now quarterly. It is not Education provider
13 ACCA is not tough at all … But intentionally time pressured… For example.. U know the spelling of “Apple”” But u can not write this word on a paper in one second…
14 ACCA Body is earning money and not serving society.
15. I interviewed 10 ACCA members. All said that ACCA has wasted their important part of life at optional papers. ACCA must be tough at entry level in order to filter out average student like CPA etc.. But the how to earn money..
16. Guys please comment if you agree or disagree..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.