- November 7, 2020 at 11:00 am #594349arafiq1Participant
- Topics: 2
- Replies: 0
Hi,Sorry I am new to this website and had some q’s I was hoping you could answer:
– For the Taxation module, is there a new syllabus starting from next year? If so, will new videos and course notes be uploaded?
– Are all the notes and lecture notes on this website sufficient to make us pass the exams? Are there any further materials we are recommended to purchase in addition to reviewing the lecture notes/videos?
– Are lecture notes and videos revised and updated? Is there a specific time frame for reviewing the notes/lectures and taking the exam (not sure what changes are made to exam papers monthly/yearly)?
RafiqDecember 7, 2020 at 1:54 pm #598087Jimmy0116Member
- Topics: 0
- Replies: 1
HiDecember 8, 2020 at 4:47 pm #598453Tax TutorMember
- Topics: 2
- Replies: 3965
The current Open Tuition (OT) material online – Study Notes and Lectures – is based upon Finance Act (FA) 2019 which remains relevant for the March 2021 exam.
The exams from June 2021 through to March 2022 will be based on FA 2020. This material will become available from mid January through to early March of next year.
If you wish to start your studies earlier I can identify certain chapters where there have been no changes made in FA 2020 for purposes of our exam and therefore the FA 2019 material may be used while awaiting the publication of the FA 2020 material.
In terms of additional material needed – you must acquire a revision / exam kit from one of the ACCA approved providers for the essential question practice needed to pass this exam and it is ESSENTIAL that you purchase the correct edition – FA 2019 for the March 2021 exam or FA 2020 version for exams from June 2021. Question practice should only be attempted after working through the OT study material!
The OT material plus the revision kit is more than sufficient to comfortably pass the exam but you will not find within the OT material every individual point that you would find within a 800 – 1000 page study manual!
A study manual may be purchased if you wish to have reference to every technical issue within the syllabus but should only be used as a reference book not a reading book from which to study for the exam – that should be the OT Study Manual used with the lectures!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.