- January 20, 2022 at 8:47 pm #647155nikilaxMember
- Topics: 1
- Replies: 5
I am Nikita Gangula. I gave my first exam of ACCA in Dec 2020 after getting 4 subjects exemption and cleared all subjects in first attempt untill September 2020 by self study.
My last exam was in December 2021 SBL but I failed with 47marks. I was very confident about my answers so went for Administrative review and got reply that my result was indeed correct and the summary was Q1 Fail Q2 Fail Q3 Pass Q4 Pass.
I do not understand where did I go wrong. First and Second question was report writing and third was normal question like Evaluate the proposal of acquisition and how to arrange the finance. Fourth question was presentation slide what are the advantages of Big data in business and operations.
My question was when we are writing report how to write answer in SBL? It should be like giving advice or to write from future perspective of company? Please sir help me.January 21, 2022 at 8:56 am #647186Ken GarrettKeymaster
- Topics: 10
- Replies: 10195
In SBL questions you are normally given are role, like consultant, assistant to the finance director, accountant etc. You will also be given a purposes for the report, like recommend, set out the options, evaluate one or more proposals.
Your report must reflect the question requirements.
So in the 2021 SD Extract Q2 you are a senior corporate business analyst reporting to the finance director and in task 2 you are to write a report to the FD analysing the opportunities and threats with respect to the potential partnership.
No recommendations are asked for, so it would be an introduction, section on opportunities and a section on threats.
See the model answer published by ACCA. It is a high-level, comprehensive report that would be expected when replying to the FD.January 21, 2022 at 12:03 pm #647206nikilaxMember
- Topics: 1
- Replies: 5
No Sir, my question paper was different from the published one.
My question is
1) When we are writing report can we use pronouns like your company, you, he, she etc in the report answer?
2) What if the layout of the format is wrong like if question asked to write report to board of directors from consultant but in hurry I type from Board of directors to consultant, examiner will check the answer and give marks for the technical answer or he will give 0 marks?
3) If we write question number wrong whether examiner check the answer or give 0 marks?
4) If we wrote more points than requirement will I get penalized for it?
I just want to take care for my next attempt because I strongly believe I wrote good answers and may be I did small mistakes like I asked in the question.
One more can you please show me how 1 point 2 marks answer should look like for this scenario.
There is a oil spillage in the ocean which is very close to the island from cruise ship. Write a report What are the risks cruise ship will face?
Thank you Sir.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.