- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Congratulations to Jamil from Pakistan and Jeeva from Malaysia - Global Prize winners!
see all ACCA December 2022 Genius Hunt Competition winners >>
Specially for OpenTuition students: 20% off BPP Books for ACCA & CIMA exams – Get your BPP Discount Code >>
Hi all , please can you help with the two below queries
1. in the exams if the question doesnt tell you what number to round to what should we round to. For example if answer is 2.468900 should we put 2.5 or 2.47. Does it matter?
2. Are we expected to write the same detail as the model answers?
1. If you look at the Specimen/Past Exams in the CBE for your exam you should see that where relevant, the question will indicate – that and some commonsense. So if asked to calculate a price per unit – then $ 2.47 (i.e. to the nearest cent) would be sensible in the absence of any instruction, but if an answer was, for example $122.47 you might be instructed to answer to the nearest $ – so 122.
I suggest you “read the mind of the marker” article for your exam(s) to see what you need to give to earn marks. These articles are available for all CBE session exams except TX/ATX.