- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by John Moffat.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Specially for OpenTuition students: 20% off BPP Books for ACCA & CIMA exams – Get your BPP Discount Code >>
I have seen your video but please help me understanding IAS 10.
Adjusting events are those where conditions of events existed at reporting period.
1. Please explain what does the “conditions” mean here. Is it refers to the evidence?
2. Is it saying that we are looking whether we had the evidence about the event that happened at the reporting date?
3. For eg customer went bankrupt is an adjusting event because we had the unpaid receiveable of the customer at the reporting date – so outstanding receiveable is our evidence i.e. condition (correct?)
4. For eg Factory burned by Fire is non-adjusting event because we had no evidence at the reporting date that this event would happen in the future – so we have no evidence (correct?)
5. Inventory valued at cost but sold at NRV is an adjusting event because we had the evidence at reporting date that it was valued wrongly according to IAS 2 – so we had evidence which is wrong valuation inventory on our financial statement (correct?)
All of your statements are correct 🙂