- April 7, 2020 at 2:10 pm #566746opentuition_teamKeymaster
In this article, we have listed the syllabus changes (if any) for each exam, and the applicability of our existing notes and lectures for the September exams.
- July 22, 2020 at 5:01 pm #577680
I really need help in understanding the following:
– I have a textbook and practice and revision kit from BPP for Taxation (UK) that says that it covers June 2019, September 2019, December 2019 and March 2020 and relates to FA 2018,
– I was ill for March 2020 session and then they canceled June 2020 so I don’t know if I can use this,
– Furthermore if I order the hard copy now I am not sure it will reach me quickly.
Please help me to understand what textbook and revision kit I can use and if perhaps I could buy online version in case the one I have is not applicable.
Thx in advance!!!
- July 22, 2020 at 5:15 pm #577682MikeLittleKeymaster
Sonia, this post would be better addressed to the Tax Tutor, not the Law Tutor
- July 22, 2020 at 5:33 pm #577684
Thx, I didn’t notice that this is Law 🙂
- July 22, 2020 at 5:36 pm #577685
Hey, can you direct me to the Tax tutor as when I look I am now in Taxation UK forum…
What am I missing???
- July 22, 2020 at 5:49 pm #577687
You should have a menu at the top of the page – there is a separate Ask the tutor forum for each exam https://opentuition.com/forum/ask-acca-tutor-forums/
- July 22, 2020 at 6:08 pm #577689
That’s what I am doing and then I chose TX-UK and then Changes from June to September…
I really think I might be blind or crazy as I don’t understand where else you are directing me to 🙁
- July 22, 2020 at 7:26 pm #577693
You were being directed to post your question on the relevant forum for the relevant (tax) tutor to reply to you, in the event that your question is not answered by the link at the top of this post.
Going back to your original question the “exam year” is September to the following June for all exams except for tax (TX/ATX) which is June to the following March. So you will need a June 2020 to March 2021 (FA2019) text book and revision kit. If you purchase from BPP https://learningmedia.bpp.com/product?catalog=ATF6120 see here for a 20% discount code.
You should also familiarise yourself with the ACCA resouces available here https://www.accaglobal.com/ca/en/student/exam-support-resources/fundamentals-exams-study-resources/f6.html – syllabus, exam docs (tax rates and allowances) and the all important Finance Act 2019 article in the Technical Articles section. Please post any further questions to the Ask the TX Tutor forum – this is just a thread for the notice about changes.
- July 26, 2020 at 7:24 am #578074Sharifi12Participant
I want to prolong all papers even f1 to end with Opentuition.
so as I have seen you have short notes for all papers, now is it compulsory to read text book with you short notes
or just short notes is enough????
- July 26, 2020 at 8:32 am #578080
This questions is asked numerous times on the subject specific forums so you can see students’ responses there. Our general response is:
“Our notes and lectures are certainly enough to pass well (provided obviously that you really understand them) but you MUST practice every questions from an ACCA Approved exam/revision kit because practice is vital.
You not not really need to read the Study Text – I would use it more as a reference book if you do come to any topics where you find you are confused or need more help.”
- August 3, 2020 at 10:36 am #579042Anonymous
Thank you so much Mike!!!!
I really apperciate Open Tution for this platform and Mike for great video lectures.
Just pass my Law paper.
Thank you so much
- August 3, 2020 at 11:57 am #579045MikeLittleKeymaster
You’re very welcome – now replicate this performance for the rest of your ACCA journey
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.