- January 19, 2016 at 9:06 am #296174jss1Member
- Topics: 1
- Replies: 3
I passed all my papers within 3 years (1 resit and only exempt from F1).
I have just become an affiliate – here is my advise on how to pass the exams..
1) Practise all past papers
– I learnt a lot more from past papers than I did from revision notes. Don’t try and attempt every question under timed condition – you wont have time or the will power!
2) Its all about strategy
– get on the examiners side i.e make sure your answers are laid out clearly. The examiner will be marking 100’s of papers so make sure when he/she sees your exam script its laid out nicely.
– you only need 50! So make sure every point you make is worth one/two marks. Focus on areas where you can get easy quick marks.
– IN my P7 paper I left out a whole 10 marks but I still passed with a high 60 result.
3) Treat it like a marathon
– Plan ahead and make sure you cut no corners
– I did no revision 2 days before the exam and did no revision on the exam day. I was relaxed and ready to sit the paper.
4) Read the most recent technical articles
– high chance the subject matter will appear in the exam.January 25, 2016 at 10:21 am #297799rewsanMember
- Topics: 2
- Replies: 12
Did you self study or went to college? I am planning to self study . I cant afford to join Acca approved coleges or tuitons. So i will teach myself. Is this a bad idea?
I am married and have a child. Do you think it will be hard for me ?
How hard is f1 and f3 compared to A Levels?January 25, 2016 at 11:57 am #297812GeorgeMember
- Topics: 4
- Replies: 20
For the Professional exams, how long did you study for them ? And how many did you take each session?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.