AAA Syllabus and Study Guide
The Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA) Syllabus and study guide September 2021 to June 2022 can be downloaded from the AAA resources available at Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA) | ACCA Global. As summarised on the last two pages:
- Most of the changes to the learning outcomes have been made to reflect ISA 315 (Revised 2019). Chapters 10 and 11 have been updated accordingly (as summarised below).
- New learning outcomes relate to:
- Data analytics
- Audit reform proposals
- The impact of global events on the profession.
You are strongly advised to visit AAA technical articles | ACCA Global for relevant articles (e.g. Data analytics and the auditor) now and again during your revision.
- There is a new syllabus area H Employability and Technology Skills (see Chapter 33).
AAA Examinable documents
The examinable documents (available from the same link as above) have been updated to include:
- ISA 315 (Revised 2019) Identifying and Assessing the Risks of Material Misstatement through Understanding the Entity (see above and below)
- ISRS 4400 (Revised) Engagements to Perform Agreed-Upon Procedures Regarding Financial Information. As there is no specific mention of agreed-upon procedures in the AAA syllabus this is of minor importance unless it features in a technical article.
- ACCA’s Code of Ethics and Conduct (January 2020). There are no changes to the Code relevant to the AAA examination.
- IAASB Practice Alert Going Concern in the Current Evolving Environment?Audit Considerations for the Impact of COVID-19 (April 2020). Published at the start of the pandemic, this is relevant to the new learning outcome on “global events”. The publication is available here for the interested reader IAASB Staff Alert Going Concern.
AAA Exam Summary of Significant changes
|10||3. Understanding the entity||Updated to better reflect the requirements of ISA 315 (Revised 2019)|
|11||6. Auditor’s responses to assessed risks||Updated to better reflect the requirements of ISA 315 (Revised 2019)|