• Revenue recognition.
• Substance versus form.
• Convertible instruments (IAS 39).
• Accounting for taxation.
• Accounting assets – IAS 16.
Important areas that have not been examined under the new syllabus and so may feature are:
• Construction contracts.
• Impairment of assets.
• IAS 37, accounting for provisions.
• Consolidated SOCI and/or SOFP with one subsidiary plus associate –
including adjustments for fair values, unrealised profit, intragroup trading, goods/cash in transit, other syllabus area.
• Accounts restatement/preparation with adjustments – depreciation, current/deferred tax, inventory valuation, leases, substance over form issues, financial instruments.
• Interpretation and/or statement of cash flows, perhaps with written part on aims of not-for-profit entities. Interpretation may focus on limited ratios and their interpretation.
• Conceptual framework.
• Other areas – regulatory framework, inflation, government grants, discontinued operations,
impairments, deferred tax, leases, intangible assets, or provisions.
Q1 – mixed consolidated income statement and statement of financial position (possible adjustments to include PURP).
• Q2 – redraft of financial statements (also to include SOCIE) – possible adjustments could include revenue recognition, investment property, depreciation.
• Q3 – calculation of an element of a statement of cash flow and a report to include calculation of ratios and interpretation of the accounts using the statement of cash flow and ratio results.
• Q4 & Q5 – IFRS 5: discontinued operations, government grants, investment property.
• Q1 – consolidated income statement with IFRS 3 (Revised) discussion, or both CSFP and CIS in same Q (last one Dec 2008).
• Q2 – re-drafting or published accounts.
• Q3 – interpretation mainly, with or without cash flows.
• Q4 – mixed standards, especially leasing, impairment, EPS, grants.
• Q5 – depreciation, provisions, deferred tax, standard setting.
can u plz give the reference from where u get this
far how can u be sure the tips are good?
Is it really possible for published accounts to come
thanks for the tips for my revision is now easy
These tips are just educated guesses they are to be used in conjunction with proper study techniques.
DONT RELY ON THESE TIPS
guys , why are you even looking at tips of past session ??!
there are updated ones at the forum already!
and surely, don’t rely on tips.
Simply look through them and check whether you are ok with all of those topics and keep revising all the rest
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.