plz post exam tips
Benchmarking for public sector
• Building block model linked to CSFs
• Importance of political factors in performance management, linked to public sector league tables
• Evaluation of a performance management system, including “beyond budgeting”
• Corporate failure
• Divisional performance appraisal and transfer pricing*Building block model linked to CSFs
Thank you joydugz very kind of you.
Does anyone have tips from BPP as well?
Thanks for sharing..
Any more tips from other sources? Thanks in advance.
It’s quite funny, if you combined all the tips from many sources, you will eventually come to a conscious conclusion to ‘study everything’.
Here’s a better tip to prepare adequately for the exams:
1. The question is your client – treat them as if a consultant is talking to a client
2. You are a performance management consultant – think of yourself as a consultant
3. Understand the client and what they are facing in terms of performance – diagnose where the problem lies in their business / operations / activities.
What are things that you should understand about the client before you sell them a solution?
The environment in which they are operating in
Their current systems and culture
The staff ability to change
The customers and what they want
The suppliers and the issues that they cause
On the areas to focus this time around
1. Budgets are back on the hit list
2. Transfer pricing and divisional performance
3. Information system and security
4. External factors and how it impacts performance management
5. Dysfunctional behaviour
6. Rewards and motivation
7. Structural issues in performance management
8. Relevance of management accounting (relevance lost)
thanks very much angryhamtaro, you are just spot on on what we students need.we will surely treat each question as our client.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.