June 7, 2017 at 11:52 am
opentuition_teamKeymasterJune 7, 2017 at 4:35 pm
My answer to first 15 questions : d,c,d,c,d,b,bc,b,c,c,c,c,c,d.. anyone the same?June 7, 2017 at 4:48 pm
killer paperJune 7, 2017 at 4:59 pm
There was a question regarding what risk it is if he woul be risk averse/ neutral.. or it says that it is not a method for one off projects what did you answer please? it was in section A maybe question 1 or 2June 7, 2017 at 5:09 pm
That was question 1 and I think my answer was DJune 7, 2017 at 5:13 pm
There was a question regarding what risk it is if he woul be risk averse/ neutral.. or it says that it is not a method for one off projects what did you answer please? it was in section A maybe question 1 or 2
Yeah it was question 1, basically there were two projects (bus stop and railway I believe) and we were given the EV’s of both.
Then we were told based on a neutral investor, what should we go with.
Then two answers were based on a reason because of maximin/maximal
Can’t remember the other
And the final one was the highest EV due to the criteria, can’t remember it all, but I remember putting D I believeJune 7, 2017 at 5:15 pm
Can anyone remember what they put for the relevant cost MCQ?
As it asked for purely just the relevant cost per unit for labour and VOH, so from that logic it was $50
Usually you should do lost contribution as well (making it $75) however I went with 50 simply as it asked for relevant cost of those two amounts, would love to know your guys answerJune 7, 2017 at 5:17 pm
I did $75 but could be wrongJune 7, 2017 at 5:18 pm
i chose $50 as wellJune 7, 2017 at 5:18 pm
I calculated ?ner 65June 7, 2017 at 5:22 pm
I choose D ?June 7, 2017 at 5:23 pm
I chose contribution lost plus labour hours (50+15)= 65June 7, 2017 at 5:29 pm
I choose same uJune 7, 2017 at 5:30 pm
We could try getting an unofficial mark scheme going? I’ll start one and you guys can quote it and update with your own knowledge as I have grey areas.
1) About EV’s – went with the highest EV as it was optimal profit and was neutral investor
2) material mix variance – I got 240 (can’t remember if was Adv or Fav)
3) accept it on basis of RI but not ROI
4) item that ISNT a constraint of throughput was turning materials into cash as quick – as in throughout idle time is preferred
7) was this the one on a logical control access? – I put the encryption of data between two internal departments as I viewed the question as what controls prevent unauthorised access, and locking the doors to the IT systems, security questions and a fire wall all prevent unwanted access
8) junior HR fix to prevent breach of information- I put to have controls on the senior Information
9) budget increase in profit – I went with $500 increase
10) was this the target costing? If so I put “selling price is determined by adding profit margin” (as this is cost plus)
11) relevant cost question I put $50
14) ??? (ABC but can’t remember)
15) environmental, I put all 3, as adopting it would make firms more aware of regulations/waste and so therefore would actually help reduce penalties
Feel free to update questions if you disagree etc and of course the “???” Ones as I can’t remember those ones
Hope this helps you all out!June 7, 2017 at 5:31 pm
I chose 75 since the question asked for Relevant cost of both labour and variable overhead costs. That is Labour + Var. overhead+ opportunity cost for labour.June 7, 2017 at 5:37 pm
I chose $75 if i didn’t rmb wrongly :/ this paper was disaster especially the Mcq.June 7, 2017 at 5:40 pm
in 2nd question 240 adverse 3rd both RI and ROI becaue roi is 19.33% more than cost of capitalJune 7, 2017 at 5:43 pm
in 2nd question 240 adverse 3rd both RI and ROI becaue roi is 19.33% more than cost of capital
From my studies, Cost of capital is primarily associated with RI
If I remember, the ROI before the investment was 20.something%, therefore since the ROI fell below this, it wouldn’t be acceptedJune 7, 2017 at 5:44 pm
I said RI accept – ROI reject as it’d mean a reduction in the current ROI of 20%?June 7, 2017 at 5:45 pm
I said RI accept – ROI reject as it’d mean a reduction in the current ROI of 20%?
That’s what I got tooJune 7, 2017 at 5:47 pm
MCQ 2: Actual Mix was not given.June 7, 2017 at 5:48 pm
I agreeJune 7, 2017 at 5:50 pm
i thought since the material price variance was zero, the yield variance would equal to the mix variance?June 7, 2017 at 5:50 pm
Then what do you do ? You took the actual cost and deduct it from the Standard Mix Actual Input figure ?June 7, 2017 at 5:51 pm
question 8 on the hr senior who went on an holiday and disclosed his password and username to the junior staff and the junior staff used this data to leak the salary of the seniors, the question states how to prevent? I chose option D . Changing the password subsequently.
The topic ‘*** ACCA F5 June 2017 Exam was.. Instant Poll and comments ***’ is closed to new replies.