4 papers in one sitting.

Home Forums ACCA Forum General ACCA Forums 4 papers in one sitting.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of tejot tejot 8 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 637 times

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Ali
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 8

Hi friends,

I am a fulltime student and i have completed F1-F5….Is it possible to study F6,F7,F8,F9 for June exams ?? I mean will it be too tough/ impossible ???

dbuk2000
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 58

I did F8,P2,P3,P5 in the last sitting. All first time passes, and I did it without college and working full time. Just I put in consistent study of 2-3 hours a day for 3 months. and passed them all, so it is possible, witha bit of luck and hardwork.

sids
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 110

@dbuk2000 said:
    I did F8,P2,P3,P5 in the last sitting. All first time passes, and I did it without college and working full time. Just I put in consistent study of 2-3 hours a day for 3 months. and passed them all, so it is possible, witha bit of luck and hardwork.

Congrats, dbuk2000! :)

I need to know some thing. What did you mean when you said you studied without college? Do you mean to say you tool private tuitions?

God bless.

dbuk2000
    Participant

cheers sids

when i say without college, i mean with going to evening/weekend classes at bpp or kaplan. all i did was buy the study text, revision kit so combined £50 and did that for all 4 papers.

Don’t get me wrong it isnt easy, I have failed papers before, but that was cause i didnt deserve to pass, but if u really put the hours in, then I believe on the exam day however hard the paper is, it will all come together and u will pass.

stasi
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 69

I’m encouraged :D I’m in a similar situation like u…4 papers…no tuition…just study texts :D

@dbuk2000 said:
    cheers sids

when i say without college, i mean with going to evening/weekend classes at bpp or kaplan. all i did was buy the study text, revision kit so combined £50 and did that for all 4 papers.

Don’t get me wrong it isnt easy, I have failed papers before, but that was cause i didnt deserve to pass, but if u really put the hours in, then I believe on the exam day however hard the paper is, it will all come together and u will pass.

sids
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 110

dbuk2000 and stasi,

I’m really amazed, you guys are genius! hats off to both of you :)

All the very best..

bridmw
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 132

I did F1, F5, F7 and F9 in December and passed them all. For June I’m doing F4, F6, F8 and P2.

bridmw
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 132

@vidzasha said:
    hey congrats! :) that’s awesome. how did u manage to do it? u must have worked really hard. Are u a full time student?

No, I work freelance, between 30 and 50 hours a week. I started in late October used the Kaplan books read the books than completed about 75% of the exam kit. Kept my head in the exams answered all the questions, staying as close as possible to the time designated for each. Did very well in 3 off them (>=69) less well in the 4th but that was the one I took while I had the flu and I passed with a reasonable margin.

oludolapo
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Am impressed
    F4,F6,F8&F9 are the papers i intend to put in for june 2013
    was not sure if it was possible….but now i know better …

Anonymous
    • Replies: 3

angryhamtaro
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 162

Easy to say, it is definitely possible, not impossible.

For my approach, I rather take it slow but sure. I never take up to four papers, and I made sure I don’t want to stress myself out by being a jack of all exams. I do believe that if I put a concentrated effort of doing one paper well enough by attending tuitions and being diligent in my studies, I will be rewarded a mark that I can be really proud of.

Aim for the sky, not on the ground.

sharlene20
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 5

hi can anyone help me with the concepts of accounting

hashimsooltangos
    Participant
    • Replies: 4

i did p2, p3, p5 and p7 in the last sitting and am waiting for the results. i wouldnt advise you to do it for 2 reasons. 1. you will be attempting all these papers in 4 concecutive days. it does not matter if you are part time or full time, you’ll be so tired after the 2nd one that it will make things near impossible. 2. There is no syllabus overlap in these 4 papers

springtime
    Participant
    • Topics: 21
    • Replies: 24

I want to try P3 and P5 in June 2013. Having read your comments, guys, I now realize it is possible to pass.
    You`ve motivated me a lot, thanks

dbuk2000
    Participant

Yes like Ive said in previous post I have done it. It depends how much you want this, but it is possible to do 4 exams working full time, have a social life etc although u may have to cut out an hour or so sleep every night, but hey you can lie in on the weekends

cannceer
    Participant

Hi Dbuk,

It great you were able able to clear all the four papers in one sitting.

I’m appearing for 4 papers in June, Could you let us know how did u prepare for the core papers like how to did u study – did u prepare notes. These tips could help me in my preparation.

Cheers
    Canceeer.

dbuk2000
    Participant

Hi cannceer

The main thing was to start early. I just went through the study notes as quickly as possible, not worrying too much if I didnt fully understand everything, although if I clearly didnt understand a topic at all i would read further.

I made sure 2 months before the exams, on all 4 modules I had start the exam kit. I made sure I went through every question, although I didnt time myself and mainly made bullet point answers.

Finally I made sure I didnt overdo it and become brain dead. I would take regular breaks, and 30mins before sleep would watch TV. Go out with friends weekends. Just as long as I kept at it and kept progressing.

cannceer
    Participant

Hi Dbuk,

Thanks. Just one more thing, Could you give me some tips for preparing for P2 . I sought of confused , I would like to know how do i go about preparing especially IAS.

Cheers,
    cannceer

angryhamtaro
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 162

Hi @cannceer, if I may slip into your query, I do suggest you to refer to a tutor that has a keen knowledge on the recent IASes, and hopefully would drive you the motivation to study the IASes in a simpler manner. My tutor used the mind map approach and it helped me tremendously in remembering the tricky bits. Also, although this is not mandatory, you want to have a tutor who’s well known with a certain speedy technique to consolidate accounts in Q1.

I think amongst all P subjects, P2 should really require the guidance of a good and disciplined tutor.

musemma
    Participant
    • Replies: 11

I was about posting a question about writing 4 papers when I discovered this thread. I am simply motivated to take 4 papers. If others have done it and passed, why not me? I am going sit F6 F7 F8 F9 this June.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.