August 28, 2014 at 1:09 pm
HELP!!!! Our OBU Forums are becoming a mess with questions on similar topics being posted in different places so it becomes hard to find things 🙁
This means that more and more forums are then opened compounding the problem.
Before you open a new forum topic – stop – look – SEARCH!
New visitors to our forums may not be aware of the following:
1. New questions automatically go to near the very top of our first forum page so you do NOT need to open a new topic to get your question seen.
2. Most topics have been touched upon before (we have over 27 pages of Forum topics – and over 200 pages of queries and answers!!!!) so the chances are there is already an appropriate topic.
3. So please use the search facility which is really good at finding articles, forum topics & posts. Just by using a few key words you are likely to find a forum that is relevant and appropriate.
If you do have a question that you think does NOT come under any of our existing topics please post it on the OBU forum for me to see and I will move it to the correct forum and tell you which one it has gone to.
It is in everyone’s interest to have a tidy site so that people can actually find things easily so your cooperation would be appreciated 😀
So – STOP – LOOK – SEARCH – and then POST! 😀
TrephenaAugust 24, 2015 at 4:29 am
Yes you are right,
surely we should keep it clean, and I will keep your words in mind
Stop look search and then post..April 11, 2016 at 7:42 am
Hope you are well. could you please answer my following queries as i am going to submit my RAP in coming month.
1) If i use Carrolls model for T20 do i need to have a balance between the words between each domains of the pyramid?eg.if i use 800 words for economic responsibility and 400 words for legal responsibility.will it be a problem?
2) Can i use the page numbers in reference list when ever i need to be specific rather than near to in text citation ?
Thank you.April 12, 2016 at 1:02 am
dewan -we have a T20 topic forum so I’ll repost you query and this answer there in a couple of days but many thanks for NOT opening a new forum topic 🙂
1) you need to cover the 4 dimensions adequately but there should be no requirement to use a set number of words for it
2) if you only use the document once then you may put page numbers in the ref list instead of the text, however if the document is referred to several times then the page numbers have to go in the text as you should only show the same document once and only once in the ref list.April 12, 2016 at 3:24 am
Thanks for your reply.so basically if i have used Annual reports of a particular year several times than i would only need to reference it only once.am i right or am i missing something Trephena.And sorry for not mentioning my queries in T20 forum again.April 12, 2016 at 3:28 am
And i am doing my reference list following serial numbers not in an Alphabatical way.so should not i supposed to be reference a document every time i use it in the RAP.April 14, 2016 at 5:02 pm
As this is not Harvard you will need to show the numbers in the text and then you may list the documents against these numbers providing the same amount of information as required by HarvardApril 14, 2016 at 5:24 pm
I did not get You Trephena.For Neumeric referencing do i need to show the give numbers like 1,2 by intext citation or only in the reference list i need to show numbers.Thank you.June 22, 2016 at 1:22 pm
I want to appreciate your help for students and pray that God will continue to empower you with divine wisdom.
Please I am writing on Topic 15 for my RAP: Analysis of Working Capital and impact on Funding Strategies and I intend to submit in the November 2016 period.
I need nothing less than B Grade and therefore need your advice and guidance on how to go about my project.
I am also uncertain about the appropriate model to be used. My company is a pharmaceutical company with global presence. I have got the company’s financial reports for past 3 years. Will I still need to use secondary data? I need your guidance please.July 8, 2016 at 1:10 am
Sorry only just seen your query. Unless you work for the company or have close connections with it you will need to use secondary data.
This can be a tough topic. If done well you can get a decent grade but you will need to look at funding strategies in detail to help you achieve that. In that respect try researching the R & D strategies and how they are funded. Pay particular attention to gearing, long term loans and share issues to raise capital. Although working capital obviously precludes long term loans, R&D is essential for long-term survival and would never realistically be be planned to just be funded out of current assets. So the first part of your report is working capital and funding day to day operations, the second is about how the company financially plans for the medium to long-term.
We have a Topic 15 forum so take a look there about models. You probably could do Porter’s 5 Forces if you want if nothing else appeals
If you want a softer option with a better chance of getting a B then read our T17 forum and go for Corporate GovernanceJuly 8, 2016 at 6:36 am
Many thanks for the advice.September 6, 2016 at 10:29 am
@ Olaniyi . I am also submitting in November 2016. Hope you have a good mentor to assist you and will give you good attention ( I can recommend my mentor) . Or you go for Topic 17 as Trephena offered which is an easier topic. CheersOctober 3, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Hi i live in Pakistan please help me that can i choose GSK Pakistan and Abbot Pakistan for OBU RAP..is that any issue for choosing the local company?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.