May 19, 2012 at 8:47 pm
More tips will be added in a while. Keep checking for updates.
1) Complex group – question Rod ( adapted past exam question ), or
Piecemeal acquisition / partial disposal – question Beth ( December 2007 )
or Base Group ( adapted past exam question )
2) Management commentary – question 52 in Kaplan revision kit
3) IFRS 10, 11, 12 and 13 – no past exam question – check the OpenTuition course notes
4) a question on “Various IASs / IFRSs” – many examples from past exams
5) Entity reconstruction – no past exam question – check the OT course notes
Any one, including question 1, could ask for “special” style – report,
memorandum, email or even letter! So make sure you answer in appropriate
Group income statement.
source for tips from other publishers – PQ Magazine
best of luck with exam!
ansiMay 22, 2012 at 2:33 pm
thanks a lotMay 23, 2012 at 12:17 am
thanks buddyMay 23, 2012 at 6:50 pm
• Financial instruments (IAS 39/IFRS 9) including hedge accounting.
• Employee benefits (IAS 19) – examinable for first time June 2012 in new format.
• Leases (IAS 17).
• Share-based payments (IFRS 2).
• Impairment of assets (IAS 36).
• Deferred tax (IAS 12).
• IFRS 1 first-time adoption.
• Topics issues – fair value, accounting for financial instruments and revenue recognition.
• Group SOFP and SPLOCI – discounted activities, acquisitions and disposals or a statement of cash flows.
• Non-current assets.
• IFRS for SMEs.
• Events after the reporting period.
• Fair values or improvements in performance measurement.
• Leasing – application part with some computations.
• Q1 group question on disposals, piecemeal acquisitions.
• Fair values – current issue.
• Deferred tax.
• Share based payments.
• Provisions.May 24, 2012 at 7:34 am
Thanks…what is SPLOCI- is it statement of other comprehensive income? ThanksMay 25, 2012 at 3:11 am
Anyone has the Kaplan Tips for June 2012?May 27, 2012 at 1:06 pm
Thanks for the tips Ansi.May 29, 2012 at 12:26 am
thanks a lot!!!May 29, 2012 at 6:21 am
Thanks a lot!!
Has anyone ever used Emile Woolf International Publishing Study Text???? – P2,,Is it as good?May 30, 2012 at 6:41 am
thanks for this but i want business improvement tips for burgerkingMay 31, 2012 at 2:15 pm
thanks for the tips ^^ sry, may i know where to get the question on Rod & Base Group for consol. under opentuition tips? anyone has question 52 on management commentary from Kaplan too?June 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm
Some tips on the current issues???June 4, 2012 at 2:29 am
Open the following link for Kaplan’s tips on P2:
Group statement of comprehensive income plus ethics, possibly including disposal of subsidiary
Defined benefit pension plans
Fair value measurement – possibly as essay questionJune 4, 2012 at 4:25 am
is everyone folliowing the IFRS 9 from Opentuition? I found the BPP text way to difficult to follow!
Many thanks to all who assisted with the tips and best of luck!June 4, 2012 at 4:51 am
Any atricle from the SA magazine? I saw on my BPP book mentioning Fair Value measurement may be examined and to look out for related topics on SA.
CHeers!June 4, 2012 at 7:01 am
jalleyParticipantJune 12, 2012 at 1:37 pm
you guys are totally awesome!
Good Luck to all of you and I hope to see you on your final selections next Sitting!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.