September 20, 2008 at 4:49 pm #19576
Why wait for others lets be proactive here is the one !!
When I told my mom that I wanted a professional woman as my wife, she got me one; a Chartered Accountant.
She uses LIFO method while taking out the refrigerated food. She thinks I am no good at figure work. Fine with me, for now she handles the budget of the house.
Initially she used to send me a bill at the month end, but when I told her that I am not her client but her husband, she asks for the money in advance. The expenses had been rising steadily over the months, so one day I snooped into the papers maintained in a current file.
No wonder! She was charging conveyance and overtime to the house budget.
She is crazy, I tell her but she corrects me. “No my darling, I am the auditor.” I fail to see the light.
Every scrap of the paper in our house is filed.
She tells me as per some Ordinance she must keep a copy of every thing for at least ten years before destroying it.
I am worried.
Not a long time back my brother’s wedding was to be solemnized. Wedding cards had been sent. After some time I started receiving a steady trickle of letters. I was puzzled until my wife explained that
external evidence was more reliable. She had called for confirmations from all those to whom cards were sent.
When she cooks, my wife at times does not go by recipe. Where the recipe says add half-teaspoon vinegar, one tsp black salt or one teacup of water, she ignores them. She says that they are not material
when taken in context of whole meal being prepared.
She is crazy, I tell you. Surprisingly everybody calls her an auditor, instead. I checked the dictionary and it did not state that auditor is a synonym for crazy. The dictionary must be outdated.
When we got married, she had given me an Engagement Letter and I Had said how cute-how sweet.Now she gives it to me every year saying that her standards state that it must be sent anew if there is any indication that I have misunderstood the objective and scope of engagement. Huh!
Apart from sending me the engagement letter once again she says I can’t get rid off her just like that. She says that she has the right of being heard before I appoint some one else. It seems I must keep reading one local and another English newspaper published and circulated in the vicinity of our house for more details. Phew! For a minute, I thought that we had jeopardized our going concern status. Duh! Dare I say so??
I am told by one of my female colleagues who is married to a CA that the scenario is even worse when the guy is a CA. Apparently he capitalised the wedding expenses as preliminary expenses and is writing it off every year.
Also the time he spent dating his wife before marrying her is still under consideration for valuation under AS-26…valuation of intangible assets.
So guys please think twice….should u really marry a CA? And yes please discount it by the appropriate rate to arrive at the present value of the risk of doing so !!!April 11, 2012 at 8:07 am #56470
rly gud one ramsha !!
i dnt usually laugh out lyk dis !!
awesommeeApril 16, 2012 at 12:34 am #56471
well things go along well when Both are CA’s ..April 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm #56472
lolApril 18, 2012 at 9:15 pm #56473
lol..this was a good one really made my day!May 4, 2012 at 7:52 am #56474
Lolz.. I am CERTAIN that this RELATED PARTY (man) did not read the ENGAGEMENT LETTER carefully bcoz if he did, he should use a right to get QUOTES every year or May let her have some SCOPE LIMITATIONS. This will certainly change her habbit of being OVER QUALIFIED.. :p
Nice Joke Lady..May 9, 2012 at 2:45 pm #56475
HahaaaAaaaaaaaaaa. A very gud 1. Well digested. KudosJune 11, 2012 at 10:17 pm #56476
Funny!June 24, 2012 at 5:07 pm #56477
Ohhhh poor uuuu dnt worry i am not like that ok lolApril 4, 2013 at 11:36 am #121457
kikikiki, thts a gd 1April 4, 2013 at 4:34 pm #121502
Interestingly funny…. this is usually the case when deffered consideration was part of the purchase consideration. I’ll always adice a cash consideration. It gives no room for discountig such that your retained earnings is affected annually.
Hope is clearer, you guys are something else.
Cheers!April 16, 2013 at 3:48 pm #122649
kudos!niceMay 2, 2013 at 6:59 pm #124361
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAMay 3, 2013 at 1:00 am #124381
There are a few things that could be done:
1. Since she is the auditor, audited financial statements should be presented annually
2. There is evidently a conflict of interest, since she is the auditor and a related party. This is grounds for termination by the board (her husband)
3. Since the auditor’s responsibility ends at every AGM and the auditor must seek reappointment in order to continue in the present role, then the husband should merely decide at the next AGM to not reappoint the auditor, thus ending the any need to have to go through the termination processes required during the year.
4. Part of the AGM requires that the auditors remuneration be set. This is usually deferred to the board. As the sole director, the husband can set the price for the engagement and if the auditor does not agree then she is free to remove herself from the engagement citing irreconcilable differences in arriving at the remuneration.
5. Her code of conduct requires her to display the fundamental principles of objectivity (Members shall not allow bias, conflicts of interest or the undue influence of others to compromise their professional or business judgement.). It is clear there will be a bias. Also since she will not be able to minimise the threats to an acceptable level, she should resign the engagement.May 3, 2013 at 12:24 pm #124419
if termination & option not re-appoint means the wife been divorce, then you are mean.
I love the trend, keep it up!
cheers!May 3, 2013 at 12:57 pm #124431
Hey guys, nice one from all. It’s just fun and study as well. Interesting oneMay 6, 2013 at 3:33 pm #124718
quite creativeMay 11, 2013 at 4:34 pm #125185
hahaha,omGJune 17, 2013 at 3:01 pm #132574
Hahahaha!June 17, 2013 at 3:07 pm #132576
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.