May 19, 2012 at 8:40 pm
More tips will be added in a while. Keep checking for updates.
1 Inventory count.
2 Nature of an assurance assignment/internal audit
3 Going concern and analytical procedures
4 Computer assisted audit techniques
5 Contingent liabilities
best of luck with exam!
ansiMay 23, 2012 at 3:03 pm
Any more tips for the June Exam 2012??May 23, 2012 at 5:34 pm
• Audit planning and identification of audit risk, audit procedures and internal control.
• Responsibilities of directors and auditors.
• Definitions – assurance and audit regulation.
• The 20-mark questions: ethics, planning, audit risk explanation, specific transaction audit, internal controls and audit, management representations, going concern and audit reports.
• Assurance engagements.
• Ethics including fundamental principles.
• Systems – non-current assets, purchasing (including tests of control).
• Evidence – non-current assets, share capital/reserves, bank and cash, payables.
• Completion (ISA 570 – going concern).
• Substantive audit procedures and tests of control on a key area of the statement of financial position,
eg inventories or non-current assets.
• Audit risks.
• Identifying and explaining the threats to auditor independence and ways of managing them.
• Management letter: identifying the weaknesses, consequences and recommendations in a particular company.
• Subsequent events.May 24, 2012 at 11:39 pm
BPP is more likelyMay 25, 2012 at 2:10 pm
F8 June 2012 : For sure following are the chapter you cannot ignore if you wanna pass F8. Here are the chapters:
1. Ethics ( threats and safeguards to independence/ how an auditor accept an appointment )
2. Planning and risk ( especially Audit risk and its application- should be good at picking risk from scenario and commenting upon them- should also know the definition of audit risk and three components well) / what impact on audit strategy of selected audit risk level.
3. Internal controls ( something you cant rule out from F8 paper / sales and purchase system looks at top priority)/ Test of controls too
4.Substantive procedures ( again receivables/ payables/ sales / purchases / inventory looks important)
5. Review ( Subsequent events / going concern)
6. Reporting ( looks important – again opinions in a given scenario)May 31, 2012 at 11:38 am
salman2222 thank you for your notes but i have a few questions ?
are your lsbf notes relavent to june 2012 exam ? can i solely rely on these ? does anyone have the notes on the standards in brief key standards and examinable points ,please do post or tell me were i can find them ? thanksJune 5, 2012 at 5:50 pm
hey dear anyone having the answers for the LSBF mock exams June 2012???????please do mail me back if anyone of you can help…many thanksJune 5, 2012 at 5:52 pm
hey me too i want the mock exams answers…anyone can help out pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeJune 5, 2012 at 10:04 pm
Pls can anyone mail the Answers to the LSBF mock anwers to me???…My mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. ThanksJune 6, 2012 at 5:54 pm
What is this, what each learning institution believe will come up?!
xxJune 7, 2012 at 6:44 am
Eloy JacksonParticipantJune 7, 2012 at 3:21 pm
hey anyone got the mock exams answers?????June 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm
so Soheb, i learn with Kaplan so don’t really know what you mean xJune 10, 2012 at 8:36 pm
Can anyone get me the Definitions of assurance and audit regulation please?
Thanks in advanceJune 11, 2012 at 3:59 am
Gob bless everybody, thx! It’s definitely worth a try although not a sole reliance!June 11, 2012 at 8:54 pm
Apparently F5 was a disaster today. Just read some of the comments on their Forum. Is that what’s in store for us in F8, I wonder? Really scared, folks. Basically, I’d give these tips a wide bearth and revise topics that have not been tipped by anyone!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.