Comments

1. avatar says

hello Mr Moffat i am really grateful for these lectures i wrote my F5 and failed in june and i was so disappointed but listening to your lectures has really helped and i know i will make it in dec.Thank you Sir.

2. Profile photo of Amir says

Thanks a lot Mr Moffat as i have a gap between my studies for almost 1 year and started a job i was finding a good tutor which can clearify the concept and the good thing for me is that i dont have to travel to institutes and attend the lectures and paying huge sum. This is realy helpful and educating. I hope to clear my exams this december.

• Profile photo of John Moffat says

In future, if you want an answer from me then ask in the Ask the ACCA Tutor Forum – this section is just for comments on the lecture.

The notes and lectures on here provide enough knowledge to be able to pass the exam well. However, just as important is to practice lots of questions, and for this you must get hold of a Revision/ Exam Kit from an approved publisher.

3. avatar says

Sir, I used to watch the lectures properly, but today when i went to this page, i didn’t see any video. i try to look for the other lectures but there is no video, too. I ‘ve tried on Firefox and Chrome but i still can not see the video. Could you help me resolve this problem?

4. avatar says

someone help me please. i have downloaded the notes and i am trying to watch the lecture and its really tiny. i have tried to expand it but its not working. is anybody having that problem too or is that the size of the video?

i did that already but its not large enough its still that tiny and that is not the only problem the lecture keeps cutting. when i try to watch it all over again, it will get to a certain point then cut. is there another way around this problem? i really want to listen to the video. i have tried to solve the examples but i want to check if my answer is correct. i’l really appreciate if you can help me…

It sounds as though it is your internet connection. Look on the support page – the link is below the lecture.

With regard to checking your answers, the answers are at the back of the Course Notes.

5. avatar says

Sir,
    can you help me with the June 2008 question for Jola Publishing using ABC. How to allocate the costs to each product? E.g property cost $2,160,000 which is 1800000 for CB and 360000 for TJ?

6. avatar says

Sir, can you help me with the June 2008 question for Jola Publishing using ABC. How to allocate the costs to each product? E.g property cost $2,160,000 which is 1800000 for CB and 360000 for TJ?

The question says in part (a) what the activity drivers are. Fot property costs it is machine hours.

So you need to calculate the total machine hours worked on each product and apportion the cost on that basis.

Note 3 of part b tells you how much machine time per unit, and from the last sentence of the question we know how many units are produced per year (1M CB’s and 120,000 TJ’s)

• Profile photo of opentuition_team says

Your android device does not support mp4 streaming playback,
      you have to install flash player (or download a browser with flash player built in – check technical support forums – some users posted what works and what does not

7. avatar says

Hi..may i know what does surplus in Linear programming chapter really mean?…could it be that we over satisfy a demand……say the demand for cake is 20 but based on our LP model calculation….it appears to be that our OPP is 30….could it mean that we have 30-20=10 of surplus???…

thx

8. avatar says

Dear Sir,
    Can you please mention the university in which you are teaching. I would like to join that??

and also, I target to get 95% marks in f5. How could this be possible. What could be the preparation structure, I mean course notes, kits, past exams and especially your lectures. Please explain??

Many Thanks

It is good to have a target, but I warn you that for anyone to get more than 90% is remarkable (and unusual). Even if you understand everything perfectly (and 50% of the exam is writing and proving you understand as opposed to just calculations) the time pressure makes it hard for anyone to completely finish everything in the exam.

The course notes and lectures contain more than enough to pass the exam reasonably well, but if you want 95% then you had better read one of the study texts as well!
      Most important is to practice questions (under time pressure) using one of the revision/exam kits from one of the approved publishers and especially to concentrate on the written parts of the questions.

9. Profile photo of Mahoysam says

Finally we get to meet you Mr John lol! : ) Nice to meet you and great lecture as the usual! I love how you always emphasis on the obvious and easy things, it is good because even if things are easy they could be forgotten, it is great that you give lectures assuming no knowledge, some other lecturers will do things assuming we know that already and the whole lesson gets ruined because of it.

10. Profile photo of omobolanle says

Pls, I’ve been trying to watch the lectures but the page keep displaying ”404error”. the firewall is on off mode, i ‘ve tried clearing the cache, i have followed the technical support link and i found out that my system was ok. i don’t know what to do,and i want to watch this lectures or is it that the fault is from your side?

11. avatar says

Hello all
    Little question.
    I am asked to calculate the full production cost per unit for a company which previously used an Absorption costing method but now decides to switch to ABC.
    Im a little confused as the question provides us with a cost card which includes “fixed production overheads per hour”, presumably because it used absorption costing before. Do i need to ignore that cost completely? As the aim of ABC, if I understand correctly, is to absorb overheads whether fix or variable to the appropriate activities.
    Many thanks

12. avatar says

Good day Admin.
    I cannot play the lecture videos. when i try to play the lectures videos, this is the message i got “Server not found: rtmpt://r.acca.opentuitioncom.netdna-cdn.com:80/play”
    pls what can i do?

13. avatar says

SOS. i’ve been enjoying the lectures up until now that i can’t play any of the lectures. is it a technical fault with the website? a message comes up saying the could be a problem with the server or network, or, the format is not supported. i’ve restarted my laptop, but no luck. please help.

The lectures and notes contain enough information to pass. However it is important you practise as many questions as possible – certainly all the past exam questions, and preferably get hold of a revision/exam kit and then you have more to practise.

thanks Mr John
        Just a question , is it ok to write in exam like the way I am coping from the lectures , ” as I understand ” . or I have to use the same way of the books ? .

As long as you are proving that you understand, and as long as you are answering the question asked, then it does not matter how you write it! (It does not have to be perfect English, provided that it is clear to the market what you are trying to say.)

14. avatar says

i tried alot for printing the lectures unfortunetly it does not print’s as error comes due to high protection it’s giving all the time XPS error. Please help to resolve. i’ve also discussed with out IT guy he said it’s pasword protected document not allowed for printing.

15. avatar says

Hi John. Your lectures have been extremely helpful. I am currently studying for the CIMA qual, but I have used your material as my main source of tuition all the way through from the certificate level and I am still using the now at the managerial level. The might be slight differences in the syllabus content between ACCA and CIMA, however the basic accounting principles and techniques will always remain the same. All you need is a good teacher which you are. When I started studying the CIMA qual two years ago, I didn’t have any accounting background what so ever, but I have been guarded all the way through by the brilliance and excellence of the content of your material. Once more thank you.

16. Profile photo of Et says

@sh3ikh we should all be thankful for the free service provided and appreciative of the lecturers effort for make this boring subject sounded interesting. I don’t think it is too much to just download the lecture and open it on a different window even print it … Do you know that it at least costs £985 to attend the course with tuition providers?????? This is FREEEEEEE so just be thankful and take the most out of it !

17. Profile photo of sh3ikh says

this was superb but just to suggest if it was possible i assume if the notes where available side by side to the video in the same page following the lecture would be more user-friendly but overall very helpful, thanks for the hard work.

18. Profile photo of Et says

@dayz .If I were you I will give up .Why waste time and Money the course may not suit you . There are plenty other interesting courses than ACCA. The boring part about ACCA is not only the numerous amount of the exams we have to take but also the amount of experience needed before being qualified Accountant.

• Profile photo of uzo2011 says

@Et, you are not yet ready to be a real professional accountant. Compare the ACCA syllabus with the so called other interesting courses, it far outways the others. ACCA gives you a headstart

• Profile photo of admin says

We do not provide private assistance! You can use all free study materials available, and it is up to you how you will use our forums
      You can post there your questions to the community and tutors

19. avatar says

I’m a Kaplan student. However, since I got an exemption from F5, I decided to give this website a try in preparation for my P5 exam this December. The lecturer is really good and funny. I found his lecture to be really useful in helping me to revive my memory of this subject. Thank you so much to the lecturer and the admin of this website :)

20. avatar says

hi…. opentuition has always been a very useful guide…really thankful to z person who had zis great idea 2 do opentuition web..fantastic job… on an another note… please inform whether the lecture notes can be downloaded.. thanks in advance

• Profile photo of Et says

Remember , ACCA course is given worldwide and $ is used internationally than £.Therefore it is fair to use $ in stead of £. If your brain has coped to stuffy this vast topic of F5(unlike me) I am sure it won’t be that difficult to learn the $sing too.

Best of Luck

21. Profile photo of Et says

I would have absorbed the whole syllabus by now, had I known long ago this website existed . I only found this site when i was googleing iso-contribution a week ago. What an interesting lecturer!

Leave a Reply