Comments

1. avatar says

Hi Sir,

I came across following quote in a study material.. I still cannot understand what it says.
    Kindly help me to understand.

Traditional Absorption Costing tend to allocate

a) too great a proportion of overheads to high volume products – (this line understood) , which cause relatively little diversity and hence use fewer support services (could not understand this line, why it says it uses fewer support services & little diversity?)

Thank you

• Profile photo of John Moffat says

They have not written it very well!!

What they are trying to say is that if they make a lot of units of one of the products then because all of those units are the same (little diversity) then it is probably not actually going to cost a lot more in terms of overheads (in total) than if they made fewer units of that same product.

I hope that makes it a bit more clear :-)

There will be a few minor changes – but only minor (just things like the odd spelling mistake).

The syllabus is not changing and so there is nothing important that will be changed, and you can therefore use the existing lecture notes – no problem :-)

2. avatar says

Thank you Mr Moffat!

Not only these lectures are free, your passion for the subject is clearly visible – it makes it a lot more interesting and makes it easier to go through lectures.

Thank you also for dedicating your valuable time doing this! I have already passed 2 papers with your help, and it’s not only the lectures themselves but the tips that you give.
    I was wondering if there is any way I could donate?

All the best to you and your colleagues!

You are a true samaritan! But honestly, I would really like to contribute somehow, and I will do, if the circumstances would dictate that you would require donations. Thanks again for all your effort!

3. avatar says

@Lilit, are you sure about Kaplan being more detailed than BPP text? Cus I have being told the reverse is the case (not sure how reliable the info was, just hearsay).
    I haven’t used Kaplan b4, but I’m more than willing to switch to any one that gives me more details.
    Pls reply

Please make this sort of comment in the F5 Forum and not as a comment on a lecture.

(If you are happy with BPP then there is no point in switching – everyone has different preferences. If you are watching our lectures together with our lecture notes, then you do not need a Study Text anyway – only a Revision Kit because practice is vital. Our lectures cover everything needed to be able to pass the exam well.)

If you mean this one lecture, then the answer is ‘no’ – you need to work through all of the topics because everything can be asked!!

If you do work through all the lectures then there is certainly enough to pass F5 well, but you should also get a current edition of a Revision Kit from one of the ACCA approved publishers. They contain lots of exam standard questions and it is vital to practice as many questions as possible.

No!

But if you watch the free lectures together with the free Lecture Notes then you do not need a Study Text. The book that you do need is a Revision Kit from one of the ACCA approved publishers. They contain lots of exam standard questions to practice on, and practice is vital.

Yes -they are :-)

Provided that you use the lectures together with the free Lecture Notes, and that you make sure you obtain a current Revision Kit from one of the ACCA approved publishers. They contain lots of exam standard questions to practice on, and practice is vital.

If you have any problems then do ask in the Ask the Tutor Forum and I will do my best to help.

• Profile photo of Lilit says

I prefer Kaplan. Well actually it depends on your way of studying. In Kaplan you will find detailed explanations of everything. In contrast BPP is more concise. When I was using BPP I always read from other sources as well to understand.

Leave a Reply