OpenTuition.com Free Accountancy Education
Free ACCA lectures and course notes | ACCA AAT FIA resources and forums | ACCA Global Community
This exam must be completed in 120 minutes. Click here to start the exam
1. If a country’s currency strengthens on the foreign exchange markets, which of the following is likely to occur?
Question 1 of 50
2. “The IT manager can advise, but not insist, that all users of the company system run anti-virus software and do not download any files from the internet.
What relationship does the IT manager have with other departments?”
Question 2 of 50
3. Which of the following in unlikely to be a barrier to communication?
Question 3 of 50
4. Which of the following statements about counselling is true?
Question 4 of 50
5. ‘IFAC’ stands for
Question 5 of 50
6. Segregation of duties
Question 6 of 50
7. A company’s office has suffered a fire that destroyed the file server. Data can probably be recovered provided the company had previously implemented a policy of:
Question 7 of 50
8. On the Blake and Mouton grid, a person who is at position 9,0 has adopted what style of management?
Question 8 of 50
9. If assumptions within a spreadsheet are changed and the results monitored, what sort of investigations have been carried out?
Question 9 of 50
10. A increase in interest rates is liable to
Question 10 of 50
11. Which approach to economics focuses on the supply of money and interest rates?
Question 11 of 50
12. “Mintzberg’s diagrams of organizational structure contained a number of components.
Which one of the following would relate to middle managers?”
Question 12 of 50
13. Which writer is associated with how international perspectives can affect corporate culture?
Question 13 of 50
14. Honey and Mumford identified four learning styles. These are
Question 14 of 50
15. Which type of business organisation has its liability to creditors limited
Question 15 of 50
16. A manager who is very keen to establish and implement the best way for staff to accomplish their tasks is adopting what approach to management
Question 16 of 50
17. Which management theorist is associated with the term ‘shamrock organisation’?
Question 17 of 50
18. With regard to diversity of employment, which one of the following features is normally regarded as untrue?
Question 18 of 50
19. A database management system is
Question 19 of 50
20. Which of the following could include ‘key players’ ?
Question 20 of 50
21. The control environment can best be described as
Question 21 of 50
22. Who is associates with ‘experiental learning’
Question 22 of 50
23. ‘Structural unemployment’ refers to
Question 23 of 50
24. It is the function of a remuneration committee to
Question 24 of 50
25. Which of the following is not an expected result caused by improving the system of internal control?
Question 25 of 50
26. Which of the following is not a fundamental principle of the ACCA’s Code of Ethics and Conduct?
Question 26 of 50
27. Which of the following is associated with the Hawthorn Experiments?
Question 27 of 50
28. The person who looks after a department has no great charm or expertise, yet manages to do a reasonable job.
What type of power is this person exercising?
Question 28 of 50
29. “John is a manager who is good at setting out his required tasks on a ‘to-do’ list. He is also prepared to switch his telephone to ‘Divert’ and to close his office door to indicate that interruptions are unwelcome. However, he frequently has to work late at night to finish off his less important and urgent tasks. He has a relatively high turnover of staff”
John’s time-management appears to suffer from poor:
Question 29 of 50
30. Which of the following departments would be expected to have most responsibility for managing a company’s long term borrowing needs?
Question 30 of 50
31. Which of the following is not one of Porter’s 5 Forces?
Question 31 of 50
32. Which motivational theory makes use of the term ‘hygiene’?
Question 32 of 50
33. What type of system can be defined as “A file, or set of related files, which many users can access and use without constraining the file contents”
Question 33 of 50
34. Which of the following is correct?
Question 34 of 50
35. Which writer is associated with terms such as ‘loose’, ‘tight’, ‘contingent’ ?
Question 35 of 50
36. Which writer is associated with the ‘hierarchy of needs”?
Question 36 of 50
37. Action-centred leadership implies a manager giving attention to:
Question 37 of 50
38. An employee is about to be sent on a course on how to interview potential new employees. It is expected that the emloyee will need this skill in about a year. This course would be described as
Question 38 of 50
39. Which one of the following statements is true?
Question 39 of 50
40. Which of the following have to comply with the Financial Reporting Standards
Question 40 of 50
41. A UK company has upgraded its computer system and despite many training opportunities an employee cannot operate the new system. That employee
Question 41 of 50
42. Which of the following would be most useful in the credit control function?
Question 42 of 50
43. Managers and directors are said to have a ‘fiduciary duty’ towards the company they work for. This means that they
Question 43 of 50
44. A person resident in the UK has been given a poor credit reference because of incorrect data held on the manual system of a UK credit reference agency.
Has the person any legal redress under the Data Protection Act 1998?
Question 44 of 50
45. Which of the following is not part of the classical 4 Ps marketing mix?
Question 45 of 50
46. The collection of information relating to all customers can be described as:
Question 46 of 50
47. It is the responsibility of external auditors to produce an audit report which is addressed to:
Question 47 of 50
48. With what are the initials ‘NED’ associated?
Question 48 of 50
49. A job advert asking for people under a certain weight runs the risk of:
Question 49 of 50
50. Which of the following is likely to be a feature of taller, narrower organizations?
Question 50 of 50
You must be logged in to post a comment.
ACCA Exam technique articles
December 2012 ACCA Exams - Genius Hunt Competition Results
OpenTuition.com Site Map
Return to top of page
Copyright © 2013 · Privacy and Cookies · Advertising · Recommend this site · Contact us · Sitemap · Log in